Affordable Housing Plan
Balfour at Riverfront Park offers select low and moderate rental independent living apartment homes to eligible residents. As part of the Riverfront Park Affordable Housing Plan, these one-bedroom apartments homes provide housing that is attainable for lower income individuals and couples. These homes are a great opportunity to live downtown for a discounted monthly rent while having access to all of the services and amenities that a Balfour community offers.
If you are interested in learning more about this program or eligibility for an affordable independent living apartment home, our staff will be happy to answer any questions you have.
All of the specified apartment homes are one-bedroom/one-bathroom floor plans with a Monthly Service Fee as follows based on 2020 income limits:
- For those earning 50% or Adjusted Median Family Income for one person households ($35,000) the Monthly Service Fee as follows based on 2020 income limits is $2,041.67 (Single Occupancy Only)
- For those earning 100% or less of the adjusted median family income for 1.5 person households ($75,000) the Monthly Service Fee as follows based on 2020 income limits is $4,375 (Single or Double Occupancy Options)
Additional important information:
- Eligibility restrictions apply – please contact Leasing Counselor for more information
- Prospective residents must complete an Income Verification Form
- Balfour Senior Living Community Fee is waived for eligible residents
- One month’s rent will serve as refundable security deposit due upon reservation of an apartment home
- Annual rent increase shall never exceed Denver Consumer Price Index (CPI)
Amenities & Services
With the extensive amenities offered at Balfour, free time to pursue interests and hobbies will abound. Apartment homes are maintained by Balfour inside and out. There’s housekeeping, transportation, valet parking, 24/7 concierge services, an emergency response system, and a hand-selected and cross-trained staff that is second to none. And for personal pampering, there’s a heated salt water pool, steam room, and a full-service salon and spa with fully appointed lounges for men and women.
Not up for heading out into the city? Stay at home and take advantage of all that Balfour offers within the community. Take an art class. Attend a lecture by a professor. Try a new fitness class. Sample wines at a tasting in the Moffat Great Room. Enjoy a meal in one of our on-site restaurants that rival the best in the city. With over 200 Life Enrichment programs per month, the most difficult decision will be which event to attend each day.
The finest dining right at home
We know how important enjoying a delicious and healthy meal is. Whether on your own, or with friends in the community, or with loved ones who come to visit, you can count on our culinary staff to provide memorable meals and dining experiences.
- Executive and Sous Chefs from the best culinary experiences in town
- Front of house staff that are ready to take care of your every need.
- Every meal offers fresh seasonal produce, exquisite proteins, and farm-to-table ingredients
- Gluten-free, vegan and diabetic-friendly options available
Daily Scheduled Events & Activities
A full calendar every day of the month, because life should be lived to the fullest
Experience a community that provides over 200 events every month. If there’s an unofficial motto at Balfour, it’s “Never Stop Growing.” Daily life-enriching activities are an important pillar in our Health and Wellness programming.
In order to protect the health of our residents and to align with state health recommendations, we have needed to curtail many of our group activities. We are still offering wellness activities but on a more personalized yet socially distant basis. Once the threat of COVID-19 has passed we will add back our link to Life Enrichment daily activities.