Many provide only supportive care for patients facing memory care issues. Balfour Memory Care in Aurora is different. We offer top-notch care to our Alzheimer’s and Dementia residents. Our compassionate staff nurtures the physical and mental needs of seniors.
Balfour is a respected CCRC facility. We’ve received many awards for our outstanding service to memory care residents. Balfour received the Pinnacle Quality Insight’s 2018 Customer Experience Award for giving the Best in Class Senior Citizen Service.
Memory care residents deserve to live in serenity, peace, and comfort. Learn why Balfour Memory Care in Aurora is the best retirement home choice for your loved ones.
Welcome to Balfour’s Memory Care Community
Balfour Memory Care in Aurora is located 15 minutes away from downtown Denver. Our facility sits in Denver’s Stapleton community.
Serene, natural settings surround our residential communities. Residents can enjoy scenic views and walk through the area’s gorgeous parks. There are also retail shops and restaurants located nearby. Popular venues include the Denver Museum of Natural History and the Denver Zoo.
Our Aurora Memory Care Program
Balfour Memory Care in Aurora provides optimal care to residents suffering from Alzheimer’s Disease, Dementia, and cognitive impairment issues. Our stellar service exceeds other assisted living facilities. Our award-winning living assistance program provides 24-hour medical monitoring for seniors.
We screen all staff members that work in our communities, and our facility only selects trained professionals to work with our memory care residents.
Balfour employees receive continuing education and medical training to improve their professional skills. They learn recent healthcare techniques that will enhance residents’ quality of life.
Additionally, Balfour’s aurora retirement home requires staff members to learn validation therapy. Social worker Naomi Feil developed this holistic therapeutic technique during the 1960s. Validation practitioners are empathetic, non-judgmental, and open to the feelings that residents express. This therapy reduces anxiety in memory care patients.
Balfour requires transparent communication between staff and family members. Our facility provides regular updates about residents’ healthcare status. Balfour hosts regular family council meetings. During these events, we ask for suggestions and feedback to help us improve our service.
Balfour has comfortable, warm environments that help memory care residents live dignified lives. We’ve designed spacious interiors that combine elegant beauty with safety and ease. Each senior community provides residents with sensory engagement activities. These events help maintain seniors’ quality of life.
Founder Michael Schonbrun developed Balfour Memory Care in honor of his mother, Madeline. His mother lived in New York City before she moved to Denver. The vibrant New Yorker enjoyed delicious meals prepared by Four Seasons Hotel chefs. She traveled, read books, and audited NYU courses.
Schonbrun was the former CEO of the National Jewish Hospital. He used his professional expertise to create Balfour. The administrator commissioned architects to design lovely interiors that seniors would enjoy. He hired a healthcare staff that would provide outstanding medical care to residents. The executive established licensed chefs to prepare five-star gourmet meals. Schonbrun also included educational programs and engagement activities that would appeal to senior citizens.
Balfour continues to receive awards for its exceptional service to residents. Our community received honors from Senior Housing News, Denver’s Mayors Council, and the National Association of Home Builders.
Balfour Memory Care in Aurora’s retirement home provides different amenities to our memory care residents. They include:
- Balfour’s licensed, professional, on-site nursing staff.
- QuietCare room monitors that allow residents to live a normal routine.
- Residential utilities (electricity, water, trash/recycling, basic cable, and WiFi).
- Extraordinary programs designed for residents with Dementia, Alzheimer’s Disease, and other cognitive-related illnesses.
- Weekly housekeeping and linen services.
- A personal emergency pendant.
- A dining program that provides delicious, nutritious meals that support brain health.
- Transportation services available to residents 7-days a week during scheduled hours. (Free of charge within a certain radius). This includes rides to doctor’s appointments, personal errands, and group outings.
- A safe, residential environment secured with the WanderGuard departure alert system.
- Access to a private soaking tub.
- Regular maintenance services for interiors and exteriors in apartment homes.
Adult Day and Respite Program Amenities
Balfour provides wonderful amenities for our memory care residents. Our memory care communities work with residents with a variety of cognitive issues. We offer engaging environments that encourage social interaction.
- Caring, trained professionals that provide quality Alzheimer’s care.
- Trained nursing staff (RN’s and LPN’s) provide 24-hour medical assistance.
- Access to Balfour’s scheduled outings and educational programs.
- Amenities including exercise classes, salon visits, and massage therapy (Additional charges may apply).
- Programs designed for Alzheimer’s and Dementia residents including SingFit music therapy and games. These therapeutic sessions boost residents’ mood and lower their anxiety levels.
- Preferential placement in another Balfour living community if residents need higher levels of care.
Life Enrichment Programs
Memory care residents need ongoing social interaction to maintain their mental well-being. Balfour provides fun, life enrichment programs that entertain seniors. These activities help our community members stay healthy and happy.
Balfour offers a variety of enriching, educational opportunities to our community members. Seniors can attend boxing matches, live music performances, and movies. We also provide daily, entertaining outings for residents. Our activities include art lessons, educational classes, gardening, game nights, and other events.
Extraordinary Dining Services
Balfour’s dedicated culinary staff prepares delicious gourmet meals every day. Our professional chefs only serve dishes with nutritious, seasonal ingredients. Our facility assigns chaperones to memory care residents to make sure these seniors don’t miss any meals. They’ll enjoy delicious food in a supportive environment surrounded by friends.
Balfour Memory Care in Aurora provides sous chefs and executives from accredited culinary programs. We also offer daily gourmet specials, seasonal menus, and delicious farm-to-table dishes. There are special dietary options for residents including gluten-free, vegan, and diabetic.
Contact Balfour Memory Care Aurora
Balfour’s resident advisors are professionals trained in a continuum of care. We’re ready to answer your questions about our specialized services. Call (720) 787-7800 to speak with our qualified staff. Contact us today for more information.